Passwords are a twentieth-century solution to a modern-day problem. Unfortunately, user names and passwords represent the keys to the kingdom for malicious attackers. Criminals who know how to penetrate a company’s defenses can easily steal hundreds or even thousands of credentials at a time.
What can an attacker do with compromised credentials?
Download this infographic to learn more about protecting against credential compromise.
- Send Spam from Compromised Email Accounts
- Deface Web Properties and Host Malicious Content
- Install Malware on Compromised Systems
- Compromise Other Accounts Using the Same Credentials
- Exfiltrate Sensitive Data (Data Breach)
- Identity Theft